Monday 23 September 2013

“My In-Laws Are After Me Over Government Money” – Mother Of Stowaway Kid

13-year-old Daniel Oikhena has
become popular and luck definitely
has smiled on him probably not what
he bargained for, all thanks to the
attention he has been getting after
he was caught hiding in tyre hole of
Arik plane on the 24th of August.
Governor Adams Oshiomhole who
had a interview with the boy &
meeting with the boy’s family
discovered the boy wasn’t a threat
but as a matter of fact intelligent, this
prompted him into directing Women
Affairs Ministry to take over his
training in order to afford  Daniel the
opportunity to realize his life’s
ambition.
Daniel’s mother Evelyn had said the
son wanted to fly a plane to America
as a pilot.
Daniel went back to school on
Monday, 16 September after he was
examined by doctors and a
psychologist and was found to be
sound. Seeing the boy now is more
difficult than seeing a governor as a
result of the security men around
him. This is because the state
government had taken up the
responsibility to ensure that he gets
good education. Efforts to meet him
to find out how he was preparing to
go back to school were frustrated by
the security around him.
The mother, Evelyn is also not left
out , according to her “It is even
difficult for me to see him some
times because he is undergoing
some training and that is being taken
care of by the state government. I no
longer have powers over him. It was
even recently that I was able to see
him. They decided to allow me see
him because they were preparing him
to go back to school. The only thing I
can say now is that the father and
his people are bothering my life.
They think the state government gave
me money and, rather than think
about the welfare of the boy, they
think it is all about money. They
accused me of saying my husband
was sick or was even dead but I
never said all that and God knows”.
But I thank God for his mercy and
that is why it is painful, rather for the
father to be grateful to God that the
son survived in that aircraft, all they
have been accusing me is money
from government. I am just saying it
because if anything happens to me,
they should be held responsible
since they want to kill me for
something I know nothing about.
Right from day one, I have been
running up and down about Daniel’s
matter, none of them cared about
what I went through with my
children. My daughters are supposed
to have gone back to school now but
due to no money they have not gone
back. Their father does not care
about that and it is very sad really”.

No comments:

Post a Comment